- Do you recycle plastics?
- Do you buy environmentally-friendly products?
- about /uh-BOUT/
- after /AF-ter/
- terrible /TER-uh-buhl/
- pollution /puh-LOO-shuhn/
- hope /hohp/
[adverb] – a little more or less than a specific number; approximately
There were about a hundred people who came to the event earlier.
[preposition] – following in time, place, or order
Martha went to the spa to relax after a long, busy week.
[adjective] – very unpleasant or serious or of low quality
Letting my workmates stay in my place for the weekend was a terrible decision.
[noun] – damage caused to water, air, etc. by harmful substances or waste
Environmental pollution is a serious issue that we need to solve.
[verb] – to want something to happen or to be true, and usually have a good reason to think that it might
We hope that you can join us for our company dinner this Friday.
True or False:
- Beetle larvaes are also known as mealworms.
- Mealworms are able to eat some plastics.
- Around 3,000 to 4,000 mealworms can finish eating a regular coffee cup made from styrofoam in one month.
- Mealworms release carbon monoxide and waste products after eating plastics.
- Scientists hope that the mealworms can be one of the solutions against the world’s plastic problems.
Fill in the blanks:
- Put the tools inside the box _______ you use them.
- We really _______ that our music can make you feel better.
- The train station is _______ 10 minutes away from here.
- The weather was _______ last week. There was a typhoon and the flood almost entered our house.
- The effects of the _______ can be seen in the skyline.