- Do you like snow?
- What season do you like the most?
- temperature /TEM-per-uh-cher/
- Celcius /SEL-see-uhs/
- recent /REE-suhnt/
- much /muhch/
- vehicle /VEE-i-kuhl/
[noun] – the measured amount of heat in a place or in the body
The temperature today is higher than yesterday.
[noun] – a range of numbers for measuring temperature in which water freezes at 0° and boils at 100°
Weather forecast said the temperature may drop to 7 degrees Celcius tonight.
[adjective] – happening or starting from a short time ago
Have you heard the recent news?
[determiner] – a large amount or to a large degree
Too much sweets is bad for the health.
[noun] – something used to transport people or goods, esp. something used on land or roads
The police saw the stolen vehicle in a gas station.
True or False:
- Madrid has a recorded temperature of -16C.
- El País Daily stated that the snow removal vehicles were not able to push snow away from roads.
- Spain recorded its highest temperature on January 12.
- Molina de Aragón is known as the Spanish Siberia.
- The recent snowstorm left a large quantity of snow and ice on the country.
Fill in the blanks:
- Today’s temperature is 12 degrees _____.
- What are some examples of farm _____?
- _____ of the country is flooded.
- It’s hotter than usual. What’s today’s _____?
- _____ research proved the study false.