- Do you work from home nowadays?
- Do you know about Wuhan’s success story?
- pass /pas/
- cancel /kan-suhl/
- frightened /FRAHYT-nd/
- success /suhk-SES/
- report /ri-PAWRT/
[verb] – to go past a particular point in time
Don’t purchase products that have passed the sell-by date.
[cancel] – to decide that an organized event will not happen, or to stop an order for goods or services that you no longer want
I already canceled the magazine subscription.
[adjective] – feeling fear or worry
She gets frightened when he shouts at her.
[noun] – the achieving of the results wanted or hoped for
Almost every project’s success depends primarily on its boss.
[verb] – to give a description of something or information about it to someone
We called the insurance company to report the theft.
True or False:
- A year has passed since the 11 million-strong central Chinese town was put under the world’s first coronavirus lockdown on January 23rd.
- The Chinese government implemented drastic steps to fight coronavirus.
- According to the article, the world was frightened when planes, trains, and buses leaving Wuhan were canceled, highways were blocked, and people were ordered to stay in their homes, relying for everyday needs on officials and volunteers.
- According to the article, similar measures have now been implemented in countries around the world.
- According to the article, no records of a local coronavirus disease have been reported for months in Beijing.
Fill in the blanks:
- The woman _____ the incident to the police.
- The flight was _____ due to the weather.
- She was _____ when she saw the big dog.
- I’m not having much _____ in my life right now.
- We become smarter as time _____ by.