© Shunsuke Tabeta via Nikkei Asia
- Do you know how to drive?
- Have you seen an electric vehicle before?
- vehicle /VEE-i-kuhl/
- cost /kost/
- competitor /kuhm-PET-i-ter/
- efficiency /ih-FISH-uhn-see/
- common /KOM-uhn/
[noun] – a machine, usually with wheels and an engine, used for transporting people or goods, especially on land
Road vehicles include cars, buses, and trucks.
[verb] – If something costs an amount of money, you must pay that amount to buy or do it
How much does this trip cost?
[noun] – a person, product, company, etc. that is trying to compete with others, for example, by trying to make bigger sales in a particular market
Their prices are better than any of their competitors.
[noun] – the good use of time and energy in a way that does not waste any
She does the job with great efficiency.
[adjective] – the same in a lot of places or for a lot of people
Dela Cruz is the most common surname in the Philippines.
True or False:
- SAIC Motor has now sold more cars than Tesla in China.
- SAIC Motor is a private company.
- Hong Guang Mini is eight times cheaper than Tesla’s cheapest model.
- The electric car costs 28,000 yuan.
- Chinese government is now more serious in fighting pollution problems.
Fill in the blanks:
- Do you know how much this book ____________?
- It’s _____________ for young couples in Korea to buy matching outfits and items.
- The company is planning to buy more electric _____________ in the future.
- The sales performance of their company’s ___________ did not go well this pandemic.
- We are going to test the product’s _____________.