- Are there a lot of Nike stores in your city?
- Have you visited a Costco store?
- delay /dih-LEY/
- supply /suh-PLAHY/
- difficulty /DIF-i-kuhl-tee/
- factory /FAK-tuh-ree/
- local /LOH-kuhl/
[noun] – the situation in which you have to wait longer than expected for something to happen, or the time that you have to wait
We had a slight delay because of the heavy flood in the city.
[noun] – an amount of something that is available for use
We do not have enough food supply for this week.
[noun] – the fact of not being easy to do or understand
Nina has difficulty solving math problems.
[noun] – a building or set of buildings where large amounts of goods are made using machines
As part of his job, Sean visits three wine factories every week.
[adjective] – from, existing in, serving, or responsible for a small area, especially of a country
Kaye and I will check out four local restaurants this week.
True or False:
- Nike and Costco are currently dealing with product delays.
- Nike’s activities will be affected until next fall.
- Costco is having problems finding trucks and drivers to deliver products to its stores.
- It takes around 30 to 40 days for products to arrive from Asia to Europe.
- Hasbro could possibly face supply issues during the holiday season.
Fill in the blanks:
- We live near a large _____ that makes shoes.
- The driver apologized for the _____ of the delivery.
- They had _____ finding the small house in the mountains.
- There are many ______ stores that sell great products.
- We are running out of water _______.