- What are some popular flowers in your country? Which of these do you see most often?
- Does flower photography interest you? Why or why not?
- scent /sent/
- vary /VAIR-ee/
- affection /uh-FEK-shuhn/
- honor /ON-er/
- fortune /FAWR-chuhn/
[noun] – a pleasant natural smell
I just love the scent of pine trees!
[verb] – if things of the same type vary, they are different from each other, and if you vary them, you cause them to be different from each other
This restaurant offers milkshakes in varying flavors.
[noun] – a feeling of liking for a person or place
He felt a deep affection for her.
[noun] – a quality that combines respect, being proud, and honesty
Ben’s award gave him a sense of honor.
[noun] – chance and the way it affects your life
We usually wear red on New Year’s Eve for good fortune.
The ever-popular carnation is one of the best-selling flowers in the world. According to the Farmer’s Almanac, pink carnations symbolize a mother’s love while white carnations represent good luck.
Say “I love you” or “I’m grateful for you” with classic pink roses. The gift of cream-colored roses symbolizes thoughtfulness.
Tulips come in varying colors. Purple tulips represent royalty while pink represents affection. Make mothers smile with a bouquet of white tulips as it is a symbol of cheerfulness.
Dainty but resilient, orchids can brighten up a mother’s day. Pink orchids symbolize gracefulness.
Fluffy and sweet-scented peonies represent honor and good fortune. They bloom in late spring/early summer.
Send a gift of these vividly-colored flowers that symbolize purity.
Knowing the language of flowers is knowing the language of the earth itself. Use this knowledge as you decide on the perfect flower to give on Mother’s Day.
- What does a pink carnation symbolize?
- Which flower would you give as a gift if you want to say “I’m grateful for you”?
- What do white tulips represent?
- When do peonies usually bloom?
- What does a Gerbera daisy symbolize?
- Which among these flowers is the best gift for mothers? Why?
- Describe a typical flower market in your country.
- If you could give a bouquet of flowers to a first-time mom celebrating Mother’s Day, what would it look like?
- Do you think knowing the meaning of flowers is important when giving them as a gift?
- In your opinion, what is the importance of flowers in our daily lives?