- What is your favorite sightseeing spot in Japan?
- What country do you want to visit?
- travel /trav-uhl/
- sightseeing /sahyt-see-ing/
- tourist /toor-ist/
- foreigner /fawr-uh-ner/
- spend /spend/
[verb] to make a journey, usually over a long distance
I usually travel by bus when I go to work.
[noun] the activity of visiting interesting places
She likes to go sightseeing when she feels bored.
[noun] someone who visits a place for pleasure and interest
There are a lot of tourists visiting Kyoto.
[noun] a person who comes from another country
The Japanese woman is married to a foreigner.
[verb] to give money as a payment for something
She spends her money on branded clothes.
Japan is a perfect travel destination for tourists. A lot of tourists from other countries spent a total of $41.5 billion in Japan in 2018. According to Japan Tourism Agency, 31.19 million foreigners visited the country last year.
Travelers from China spent the most with 1.54 trillion yen followed by South Koreans who spent 584.2 billion. There were also travelers from Taiwan who spent 583.9 billion yen. Foreigners from Hong Kong spent 335.5 billion yen while tourists from the United States spent 289 billion yen.
True or False:
- 31.91 million foreign tourists traveled to Japan in 2018.
- Foreigners from Taiwan spent 583.9 billion yen in Japan.
- South Koreans spent the most in Japan followed by Chinese tourists.
- In 2018, foreign tourists spent a total of $41.6 billion in Japan on their vacation.
- Travelers from the United States spent 335.5 billion yen.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- She wants to go _____ in Korea.
- My dream is to _____ around the world.
- The natives are very nice to the new _____.
- The _____ is looking for a good place to stay the night.
- Parents _____ a lot of money on their children’s education.