- Which do you prefer, sleeping or exercising?
- Will it be better if we sleep or rest a lot? Please explain your answer.
- beneficial /ben-uh-fish-uhl/
- ability /uh-bil-i-tee/
- maximum /mak-suh-muhm/
- physical /fiz-i-kuh/
- discipline /dis-uh-plin/
[adjective] helpful, useful, or good
Having a proper diet is beneficial to our health because we get the nutrients that the body needs.
[noun] power to do or act something
Women were said to be good at multitasking because they have the ability to do different things at the same time and with ease
[adjective] being the largest amount or number allowed or possible
People can do a lot of things if they will just push themselves to their maximum ability.
[adjective] relating to the body
Swimming, jogging, and cleaning are the physical activities I love doing.
[verb] to train oneself to obey or control
Our parents always discipline us to eat and behave properly.
It discovered that if you will do light physical activities for 30 minutes instead of staying in a sitting position, it will lower the risk of early death by 17%. Replacing 30 minutes of inactive time with doing average to forceful activities for 30 minutes lowers risk by 35%.
The first author of the study, Keith Diaz, said that it doesn’t matter how light or strong the 30-minute physical activity you replaced with your 30-minute inactive time. As long as you move, it will still and surely lower risks.
So, if we want longer lives, we should get up and discipline ourselves to do physical activities more. It may be tiring at first. But it will benefit us in the long run. So, quit sitting and start moving!
- According to the new study, what was proven to make lives longer?
- What will happen if you are going to do light physical activities for 30 minutes?
- How many percent of early death risk will lower if you will do physical activities?
- Who is the first author of the study?
- What did the first author say about the physical activity you replace with your 30-minute inactive time?
- What is the importance of physical activities? Please explain your answer.
- What are the physical activities that you consider light or requires small effort? Please explain your answer.
- How about the physical activities that you consider forceful or requires a lot of strength? Please explain your answer.
- Do you do some physical activities everyday? Why or why not?
- Do you agree that having a sedentary lifestyle increases the risk of early death? Why or why not?