- Do you like listening to music? If yes, what kind of music do you like? If no, why not?
- Do you like watching films? If yes, what kind of films do you like? If no, can you tell why?
- director /DIH-rek-ter/
- footage /FOOT-ij/
- joyous /JOI-uhs/
- widow /WID-oh/
- cooperate /koh-op-uh-REYT/
[noun] a person who tells actors in a film or play how to play their parts
The latest movie of the most famous director was a total flop.
[noun] film or videotape that shows a single event or place
Detectives were studying the security footage of the house near the crime scene.
[adjective] full of joy
Our recent trip to Bali was full of adventure and it was joyous.
[noun] a woman whose husband or wife has died and has not remarried
After her husband died of cancer, she became a widow at the age of 55.
[verb] to act or work together for a shared purpose
This time I made sure that he will cooperate in our new school project.
Peter Jackson, a famed director, will make a new documentary film from the Beatles’ farewell documentary. Jackson will use the 55 hours of unreleased footage and 140 hours of audio from the Fab Four’s recording sessions.
The original film named “Let it Be” came out in 1970 and has been seen as one of the reasons why The Beatles disbanded. John Lennon described “Let it Be” as a miserable experience. He added that it was one of the main reasons why The Beatles ended.
Jackson assured that the additional footage tells a very different story from before. Paul McCartney, one of the band members, shared in an interview that someone told him that the overall feeling of the new film will be very joyous and very uplifting.
The new film is being made with the help of Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr – the two remaining members of the band. Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison, widows of John Lennon, and George Harrison also cooperated for the making of the film. However, the release date of the documentary is not yet announced.
- According to the passage, who will direct the new documentary film about The Beatles?
- What is the title of the 1970 documentary film of The Beatles?
- How many hours of never-before-seen footage will be used for the new film?
- Who are the two remaining members of The Beatles?
- When is the release date of the new documentary film?
- Do you think the new documentary film will help the younger generation know about The Beatles? Why or why not?
- Do you think the Beatles will become more popular after the release of the new documentary film? Explain your answer.
- What other legendary bands do you know? How did you know about them?
- Do you like musical movies? Explain your answer.
- What will happen if there will be no music in the world? Discuss your answer.