- How often do you take trains?
- Which one do you like, train or bus?
- train /treyn/
- speed /speed/
- only /ohn-lee/
- company /kuhm-puh-nee/
- also /awl-soh/
[noun] a railway engine connected to a group of vehicles for carrying people or goods
I go to work by train.
[noun] how fast something moves
He was traveling at a speed of 80 kph.
[adjective] used to show that there is a single one or very few of something
She was the only person who finished the project.
[noun] an organization that sells goods or services in order to make money
My friend and I worked for the same company.
[adverb] in addition
I’m tired and also hungry.
True or False:
- Maglev is short for magnetic levitation.
- The speed of new maglev trains is 50 kph.
- The trains are completely made by Japanese companies.
- China will operate new maglev trains in 2020.
- Japan and South Korea also have maglev trains.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- The maximum _____ of his car is 120 kph.
- He is a great singer and _____ a good dancer.
- She was the _____ person who attended the party.
- We will take the last _____.
- She works in an insurance _____.