- What is the most convenient public transportation system for you? Why?
- Do you like to travel by train? Why or why not?
- generation /jen-uh-rey-shuhn/
- driverless /drahy-ver-lis/
- commercial /kuh-mur-shuhl/
- entirely /en-tahyuhr-lee/
- intend /in-tend/
[noun] a group of products or machines that are all at the same stage of development
The company is working on developing the new generation of sports cars.
[adjective] (of a vehicle) not having a person as a driver
His dream is to invent a reliable driverless car.
[adjective] used to describe a product or service that can be bought by the public
This airport handles almost 20,000 commercial flights a month.
The new product was entirely different from the old one.
[verb] to have as a plan or purpose
We intend to go to South Korea next year.
Once the new train starts operation, it will be the fastest commercial train developed entirely by Chinese firms. The new maglevs are intended to be used for intercity transit of 50 to 200 kilometers in distance. Other than China, countries like Japan and South Korea are also operating maglev trains.
- Which country will introduce a new generation of maglev trains?
- What is the expected speed of the new maglev trains?
- Which company built and developed Maglev 3.0?
- Who is the president of the company mentioned in the article?
- Besides China, what other countries operate maglev trains?
- Do you think that maglev trains are the best transportation? Why or why not?
- Which do you prefer, bus or train? Discuss your answer.
- In the future, do you think it would be possible to travel anywhere in the world by train only? Why or why not?
- Do you think public transportation is important? Why or why not?
- What do you think should be improved in your country’s public transportation system? Explain your answer.