- Do you like walking?
- What do you do in your free time?
- record /REK-erd/
- active /AK-tiv/
- prone /prohn/
- exercise /EK-ser-sahyz/
- habit /HAB-it/
[verb] use a device to measure an amount, rate of speed, etc
Alice recorded her footsteps on a mobile app.
[adjective] doing something as you usually do
Maria is still an active runner at 65.
[adjective] suffer from something
As a toddler, she was prone to skin allergy.
[noun] physical action performed to make or keep your body healthy
She always do hard exercises to be fit.
[noun] a particular act or way of acting that you tend to do regularly
Waking up late is becoming his habit.
True or False:
- People who track their steps are less likely to have heart attacks and fractured bones.
- Researchers studied the date of 3,000 people.
- Participants had 9,000 steps in three hours every day.
- Study showed that participants who used pedometer are 70% to have fractured bones and 80% to have heart failure.
- Tess Harris is from Harvard University.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- You need to ___________ what time you took your medicine so you won’t forget.
- Children are ___________ to have chicken pox.
- You don’t need to be ___________ on watching Netflix.
- Kate needs to _________ to beat obesity.
- Your bad ___________ will do you no good.