- Why do you think many people like dogs as a pet? Please explain your answer.
- What is your favorite animal? Why?
- resident /REZ-i-duhnt/
- lifelike /LAHYF-lahyk/
- aid /eyd/
- contrast /kon-trast/
- togetherness /tuh-GETH-er-nis/
[noun] a person who lives or has their home in a place
The residents are happy for the grand opening of their neighbors’ business.
[adjective] used to describe something that appears real or very similar to what is real
His lifelike paintings are known all over the world.
[noun] to help or support
The medics came to aid the wounded man from a car crash.
[noun] an obvious difference between two or more things
I love the contrast of color blue and red in the painting.
[noun] the state of being close to another person or other people
There is a strong togetherness among family members.
The robot dog has 16 motors that control its action and is packed with sensors to respond to spoken instructions. Also, it can determine human touches such as the contrast between soft and hard caress. Stevens said that he developed the robot idea after his mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in 2011. Stevens had experience in robotics and he wished that the technology would give togetherness to people like his mother. Steven’s company proposes to sell its first robot dogs in 2020.
- How many motors do a robot dog have that control its action?
- To whom did Stevens make a partnership with?
- Where did Tom Stevens submit a test adaptation of the robotic Labrador puppy?
- In the article, how did Stevens come up with the idea of a robot dog?
- Based on the article, what did he wish that the technology would give to people?
- What are your thoughts about the robot dog?
- Do you believe that dogs are man’s best friend? Please explain your answer.
- Aside from the characteristics of a robot dog mentioned above, what other characteristics should a robot dog possess
- In the article, Stevens wished that technology would give togetherness to people. Please give your opinion about this
- Which one do you prefer, a real-life dog or a robot dog? Why?