- What city would you like to visit and why?
- What do you like about Tokyo City? Explain your answer.
- top /top/
- infrastructure /IN-fruh-struhk-cher/
- rebound /ri-BOUND/
- anticipate /an-TIS-uh-peyt/
- tough /tuhf/
[verb] to be in the highest position in a list or rank
Ariana Grande tops as the most followed celebrity on Instagram.
[noun] the basic systems and services, such as transport and power supplies, that a country or organization uses in order to work effectively
Some of the infrastructures in rural areas are improving.
[verb] to return to an earlier and better condition
Let’s save more money to rebound from our loss last month.
[verb] to imagine or expect that something will happen
Heavy rainfall and continuous flooding are anticipated to happen by the weather forecasters.
[adjective] difficult to do or deal with
The exam was tough enough for him to take another one this year.
A report also added that Tokyo and Osaka are anticipated to experience a decrease in population due to low migration and birthrates. This will help to develop the security in cities such as Tokyo and Osaka but could be tough for some countries that have a fast-rising population like China and India. On the other hand, Amsterdam was ranked fourth on the index and other cities in Asia such as Beijing on 31st and Shanghai at 32nd on the list.
- Based on the article, what is the safest city in the world?
- What are the bases mentioned in the article that the EIU used to rank the cities?
- What is the second safest city mentioned in the article?
- According to a report, why are Tokyo and Osaka more likely to experience a decrease in population?
- What is the fourth safest city in the world according to the article?
- Why do you think Tokyo remains the safest city in the world for the third time?
- Do you think it is a good idea to rank the cities based on their safety?
- How is Tokyo different from other cities in Japan? Explain your answer.
- What is your favorite place to visit and why?
- In your own opinion, what makes a city unique and safe?