- Which do you like more, fish or meat?
- What food do you like eating?
- meat /meet/
- give up /GIV-uhp/
- unlikely /uhn-LAHYK-lee/
- aware /UH-wair/
- possible /POS-uh-buhl/
[noun] the flesh of an animal when it is used for food
I prefer chicken’s white meat to dark meat.
[phrasal verb] to stop trying to do something before you have finished
She doesn’t want to give up her proposal.
[adjective] not probable or likely to happen
It is unlikely to rain today.
[adjective] having knowledge or experience of a particular thing
We are aware that you forgot your phone.
[adjective] that might or might not happen or exist
It’s possible that Roger will not show up tonight.
The answer is no. Experts believed that the risks of getting a disease from eating red meat were uncertain. This is why it is unlikely for meat lovers to reduce red meat from their food habits. Researchers said that factors such as other food and lifestyle could also be the reason.
An author from McMaster University said that people who are aware of the scope of the risks in eating red meat would still say “Thanks very much, but I’m going to keep eating my meat”.
The experts worked to know the possible result of eating less meat in North America and Western Europe. They found out that eating less meat would result in seven fewer cancer deaths only per 1,000 people.
True or False:
- Studies have revealed that consuming red meat may lower the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- People who are aware of the scope of the risks in eating red meat would still say “Thanks very much, but I’m not going to keep eating my meat”.
- Researchers think that the risks of getting a disease from eating red meat were certain.
- The experts worked to know the possible result of eating less meat in South America and Eastern Europe.
- They found out that eating a lot of red meat would result in fewer cancer deaths.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- Which ____ do you like, pork or beef?
- It is ____ to rain in the desert.
- Is it ____ for us to join the dance group?
- Don’t ____ in reaching your dreams.
- Everyone is ____ of your new rubber shoes.