- Do you have a smartphone?
- What do you usually do with your smartphone?
- made /meyd/
- perform /per-FAWRM/
- secure /si-KYOOR/
- collect /kuh-LEKT/
- support /suh-PAWRT/
[verb] produced in a particular way or place
The wedding gown is made by her grandmother.
[verb] to do an action or piece of work
The doctors successfully performed the operation on the girl.
[verb] to make certain something is protected from danger or risk
The police department secured the evacuation center.
[verb] to bring something together from different places or over a period of time
The man collects different stones he finds on the beach.
[verb] to give encouragement and approval to someone or something
The woman promised to support the charity.
True or False:
- China’s commerce made rules last December about the real-name registration.
- Telecom operators in China secured the cyberspace controls starting December 8.
- The cyberspace control started by collecting face scans of both new and old phone users.
- This is made to support “safeguarding legitimate rights and interests of citizens online”.
- The said rules and guidance started last September.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- The group ________ at the theater yesterday.
- The police ________ the market place.
- She __________ different books.
- She needs to find a job to ________ her studies.
- The house is ________ out of beautiful bricks.