- Have you ever imagined yourself living on another planet? Please explain your answer.
- Do you want to be an astronaut? Why or why not?
- telescope /TEL-uh-skohp/
- initial /ih-NISH-uhl/
- attest /uh-TEST/
- eclipse /ih-KLIPS/
- turn out /turn-out/
[noun] a cylindrical device that you look through to make objects that are far away looking nearer and bigger
Ren was so amazed by the constellations of stars that he saw using the telescope in the planetarium.
[adjective] of or at the beginning
The initial survey will come from the feedback of unemployed new graduates.
[verb] to show something or to say or prove that something is true
The doctors attest that the plant used for the patient can cure various diseases.
[noun] an occasion when the sun disappears from view, either completely or partly, while the moon is moving between it and the earth, or when the moon becomes darker while the shadow of the earth moves over it
NASA captured a beautiful phase of shadow from the eclipse of Mars through the Earth.
[phrasal verb] to be known or discovered finally and surprisingly
Sometimes, the unplanned events of our lives turn out to be the best memories we could have.
Along with it, a planet with two suns known as TOI 1338 b has been detected by the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS). The TOI 1338 b orbits around the zone where the liquid form is present at the surface and is 1,300 light-years away from the Pictor constellation. Also, the planet TOI 1338 b has the size of Neptune and Saturn in between with two eclipsing star systems that bring forth its resemblance to Luke Skywalker’s home, the Star Wars’ Tatooine. “I was looking through the data for everything the volunteers had flagged as an eclipsing binary, a system where two stars circle around each other and from our view eclipse each other every orbit. About three days into my internship, I saw a signal from a system called TOI 1338. At first, I thought it was a stellar eclipse, but the timing was wrong. It turned out to be a planet.” – according to Wolf Cukier, the intern at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center.
- What TESS mission discovery was announced at the 235th meeting of American Astronomical Society?
- What does TESS find in the Dorado constellation?
- What instrument helped the astronomers prove the discovery of planet TOI 700 d?
- In what movie did NASA compare the TOI 1338 b?
- Who discovered the TOI 1338 b?
- In the article, an exoplanet is discovered and is habitable according to initial observations. Are you in favor of living on this planet in the future? Please explain your answer.
- What can you say about Wolf Cukier’s discovery of another planet?
- Does living on a planet with two suns have a disadvantage? Explain your answer.
- If you were an astronaut, what would you like to discover in outer space and why?
- Do you think people have to transfer to another planet? Please explain your answer.