- Do you think there is life on other planets?
- Would you like to go to outer space?
- crater /KREY-ter/
- ago /uh-GOH/
- find out /fahynd-out/
- produce /pruh-DOOS/
- organism /AWR-guh-niz-uhm/
[noun] a large hole made by something hitting the ground with force
The earthquake left a big crater in the hotel lobby.
[adverb] back in the past
I used to play the violin a long time ago.
[phrasal verb] to obtain knowledge of something, or to obtain knowledge of someone’s activities, esp. dishonest ones
I was curious to find out what she had said.
[verb] to create something or bring into existence
The company produced many dairy products this month.
[noun] a single living plant, animal, virus, etc.
Some organisms are too small to see with our eyes.
True or False:
- The blue-green algae lived in the space rock.
- The crater formed the Gulf of Mexico.
- The cyanobacteria produce food for the plants.
- Scientists from South America found out about the cyanobacteria’s presence.
- Scientists did not find other living organisms within the rocks.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- Scientists ______ new medicines for the disease.
- The blast caused a huge ______ on the ground.
- Ten years later, I revisited the school to _______ what had changed.
- I started playing soccer two years ______.
- Are antibiotics effective against this _______?