- Do you eat healthy foods?
- Do you agree that eating breakfast is the most important meal of the day?
- plan /plan/
- fall /fawl/
- pleasant /PLEZ-uhnt/
- improve /im-PROOV/
- activity /ak-TIV-i-tee/
[noun] a set of decisions about how to do something in the future
Her plan was to be a singer, but she failed.
[verb] to become lower in size, amount, or strength
A person’s blood pressure may fall if they don’t eat healthy foods.
[adjective] enjoyable, attractive, friendly, or easy to like
Pleasant sleep helps the body be more energetic and keeps away illnesses.
[verb] to get better, or to make something better
Dr. Santos said Michelle can go home this coming Sunday when she continues to improve her condition.
[noun] something that you are doing, have done, or could do
Jonas gets a perfect score in his activity at all times.
Here is a list of four important factors to assist the immune system to battle off diseases:
1. Balanced diet
A diet plan with enough Vitamins C, D and E helps the immune cells to be stronger and to have a healthy way of living. Also, eating food that is rich in fiber helps the body’s good bacteria to enhance the immune system by developing its immune cells to produce antibacterial products that protects the body from diseases.
2. Get enough sleep
Sleep is one of the elements that affects the reaction of the body. The immune cells production may fall and lower its capacity to function properly because of poor sleeping habits. Changes of the body hormones would be hard to overthrow illnesses. Sleep loss can also affect the immune cells for a long time that the body needs to recover. Getting pleasant sleep enhances the immune system’s capacity to target diseases.
3. Relieve stress
Continuous stress weakens the body’s immune system. Stress is impossible to avoid, but a person who experiences it continuously has a high chance of having complications. For these reasons, it is recommended to have an environment and a lifestyle that limits any cause of stress, especially for people who have a weak immune system.
4. Physical fitness
One of the recommended ways to help improve the movement of the immune cells in the body is by doing exercises. Physical activities help the immune system to be stronger and to work well in the body. Sitting for long hours should be avoided because it is now treated as the “new smoking”.
True or False:
- According to the article, there are four elements to help increase the immune system.
- Eating a balanced diet, not stressing out, exercising and sleeping early are factors to be unhealthy.
- Finding a good environment and lifestyle is a factor that limits the cause of stress.
- Physical exercises are the most influential way to be healthy.
- Nowadays, sitting all day long is now considered as “new-smoking”.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- Getting sick is one of the reasons for not having a ________ sleep.
- A CEO’s daughter is afraid to stay up late, because it may cause her blood pressure to ________ down.
- Kim’s mother was surprised after seeing all her ________.
- Hanging out with friends was just a ________.
- Jacob says, “I will make sure to ________ the result of my exam next semester.”