- Do you take medicine every time you get sick?
- Do you have a personal doctor?
- difficult /DIF-i-kuhlt/
- sick /sik/
- important /im-PAWR-tnt/
- clear /kleer/
- except /ik-SEPT/
[adjective] not easy or simple; hard to do or to understand
Waking up early in the morning is always difficult.
[adjective] physically or mentally ill; not well or healthy
His mother was sick for almost one week.
[adjective] necessary or of great value
My father played an important role in the committee.
[adjective] certain, having no doubt, or obvious
Her explanation is very clear.
[preposition] not including; but not
She cooks everyday except Sunday.
Age and health problems are the common reasons why people become more sick and need a longer time to recover. In this case, how long will it take if you have mild and serious symptoms, and how long will it affect your health, and will you catch the coronavirus again once you recover?
The World Health Organization said those with mild symptoms are suffering from body aches, fever, cough, sore throat and headaches that take two weeks to recover, and medication like paracetamol. Those with more serious symptoms have difficulties breathing as our immune system tries to fight back the damage, and it takes two to eight weeks to recover in a hospital with oxygen therapy.
Dr. James Gill, a Warwick general practitioner (GP) and lecturer, said mental health is very important for recovery since there is no clear data about how long the virus will affect our health except for other conditions. Nobody knows when the antibody produced by those infected is going to last so it’s best to stay away from sick people and practice good hygiene at all times.
Being alert and simply following reminders will help us to stay safe from the virus. There are 1,021,000 healed patients as of May 1, 2020, so let’s keep on hoping and praying that this pandemic will end.
True or False:
- Age and health problems are the common reason why recovery takes a long period of time.
- There are 1,000,021 patients recovered from coronavirus.
- Breathing is hard for those who have serious symptoms.
- It takes one month to recover if you have mild symptoms.
- Dr. James Gill stated that mental health support is very important to improve recovery.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- The most ______ thing in the world is to love one another.
- Everyone is reading English book _______ me.
- There is no _______ data on how long the virus will stay in our body.
- She was _______ for almost three weeks.
- Mathematics is the most ______ subject to learn.