- Do you sleep 7-8 hours everyday?
- What time do you usually wake up in the morning?
- spend /spend/
- habit /HAB-it/
- might /mahyt/
- enough /ih-NUHF/
- unimportant /unim-PAWR-tnt/
[verb] to use time doing something or being somewhere
Tom spent three weeks in New York.
[noun] something that you do often and regularly
He has the habit of reading the newspaper while eating.
[modal verb] used to express the possibility that something will happen or be done
I might get lost on the road if I don’t have a map.
[adverb] as much as is necessary
Ben has enough time to study for his exams.
[adjective] not important
My mother told me not to buy unimportant things in the market.
A person might feel drowsy when he or she is groggy. Not sleeping for almost 8 hours or unable to sleep are some reasons a person may experience grogginess. Sleep inertia is the other term for grogginess, according to Dr. Natasha Bijlani, a psychiatrist at Priory Hospital Roehampton.
A neuroscience and psychology professor, Matthew Walker, illustrates a human brain as an old car that needs to warm up after starting it, just like a person’s brain after waking up. Aside from that, a sleep medicine professor, Colin Espie, studied that when a body doesn’t get enough sunlight could result in grogginess. He also added that lots of news about COVID-19 everyday cause people to feel panic which is energy-draining for them.
Things to do when you are groggy:
Practice doing your morning and evening routine. Always remember, we usually do better if we get enough sleep which is why it is important to maintain our daily sleep-wake routine.
You can create a relaxing environment by doing things like removing unimportant things from your bedroom and make sure it looks comfortable.
True or False:
- Since the lockdown, most of the people spend most of their time outside.
- You might feel drowsy if you are groggy.
- According to Dr. Natasha Bijlani, sleep apnea is the medical term for grogginess.
- A person not sleeping for 8 hours may experience grogginess.
- We always do better if we get enough sleep.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- Throw away all the _____ things inside the boxes.
- I already have _____ food for one week.
- She _____ get the highest score if she will continue to review.
- He has the _____ of listening to music while doing his homework.
- I will _____ my one month vacation in our province.