- Do you exercise everyday?
- What is your favorite healthy food?
- help /help/
- walking /WAW-king/
- mobility /moh-BIL-i-tee/
- massage /muh-SAHZH/
- scooter /SKOO-ter/
[verb] – to make it possible or easier for someone to do something, by doing part of the work yourself or by providing advice, money, support
My brother said he would help me in washing the dishes.
[noun] – the activity of going for a walk, especially for pleasure:
She is walking from her house to her school.
[noun] – the ability to move freely or be easily moved
John loses his mobility after his operation.
[verb] – to rub and press someone’s body with regular repeated movements, in order to relax them or to reduce stiffness or pain in the joints or muscles
The volunteer gave a free massage to senior citizens.
[noun] – a vehicle ridden by standing with one foot on the board and pushing against the ground with the other foot
She bought a red scooter for her daughter.
1. Take part in regular exercise
Having a regular exercise is one of the effective ways to maintain an active lifestyle. Either walking or running everyday is believed to be a good help to build one’s strength.
2. Look after your feet
One of the ways to maintain your mobility is to take care of your feet by wearing the right footwear. It is believed that the incorrect fitting of footwear can cause damage to your feet. Getting foot soaks and massages every once in a while relaxes your feet.
3. Buy mobility aids if needed
Another way to maintain an active lifestyle is to invest in mobility aids such as scooters. Scooters might help you to travel more independently and visit social and exercise groups even at old age.
Even though we need to keep an active lifestyle, it is important not to drain ourselves when exercising. Just do it steady and slow, and a healthier lifestyle awaits you.
True or False:
- Walking helps our body to gain more strength.
- One of the ways to take care of your feet is to wear the right footwear.
- Getting foot soaks and massages every once in a while relaxes your feet.
- Scooters might help you to travel more independently.
- Incorrect fitting of footwear can cause damage to your feet.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- Bob got a new _______ as a birthday gift from his father.
- _______ is the simplest way of exercise.
- Exercise everyday to keep your ________ .
- We need to do this to ________ improve the company’s image.
- She gives foot _______ to her father everyday.