- How do you keep yourself healthy?
- What healthy food do you usually eat?
- phase /feyz/
- decline /dih-KLAHYN/
- maintain /meyn-TEYN/
- ensure /en-SHOOR/
- lifestyle /LAHYF-stahyl/
- weak /week/
[noun] – any stage in a series of events or in a process of development
Joey improves a lot when it comes to decision making after he got married and started a new phase in his life.
[verb] – to gradually become less, worse, or lower
The company’s profit continues to decline because of the outbreak that has been happening for months.
[verb] – to continue to have; to keep in existence, or not allow to become less
Mary exercises everyday to maintain her good health.
[verb] – to make something certain to happen
We need to ensure the quality of service that we provide to our customers.
[noun] – someone’s way of living; the things that a person or particular group of people usually do
Ricky practiced a healthy lifestyle right after he was brought back from the hospital.
[adjective] – not physically strong
It’s normal for your body to feel weak after running a marathon.
1. Take part in regular exercise
It’s normal for our bodies to become less active as we get older. Our body gets hurt a lot more than it used to especially if a person has conditions such as arthritis. Arthritis and other body conditions can make bodily movements a bit painful. However, maintaining regular exercise is one of the effective ways to maintain an active lifestyle. Either walking or running everyday is believed to be a good help to build one’s endurance.
2. Look after your feet
One of the ways to support your mobility is to take care of your feet. By looking after it doesn’t only mean keeping them clean but also ensuring the right footwear. It is believed that incorrect fitting of footwear can cause damage to your feet. Getting foot soaks and massages every once in a while relaxes your feet.
3. Buy mobility aids if needed
Another way to maintain an active lifestyle is to invest in mobility aids such as scooters. Scooters might help you to travel more independently and visit social and exercise groups even at old age. Other exercise equipment that are designed for people with mobility issues, is also a big help to keep an active lifestyle.
Given some ways to keep an active lifestyle, it’s also important not to exhaust yourself when exercising. As we age, it’s normal for our body to become weak, which means, more prone to injury and diseases. So, by taking it slow and steady, a more active and healthier lifestyle awaits you.
- What is the second way to keep an active lifestyle?
- What is the specific mobility aid mentioned in the article that helps a person travel to social groups?
- In the article, what happens to the body if it becomes weak?
- What did the article suggest to do once in a while to make our feet relaxed?
- Give the three healthy ways to keep an active lifestyle.
- Do you agree on these ways to keep an active lifestyle? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, which among the three ways is the least effective? Why?
- Aside from the ways mentioned in the article, what should old people do to maintain an active lifestyle?
- Why do you think health is important?
- Which is more important, physical or mental health? Why?