- Do you think climate change is getting worse?
- Do you follow the “stay at home” rule in your place?
- amount /uh-MOUNT/
- equal /EE-kwuhl/
- satisfied /SAT-is-fahyd/
- reduce /ri-DOOS/
- worse /wurs/
[noun] a collection or mass, especially of something that cannot be counted
The bank contains a large amount of money.
[adjective] the same in amount, number, or size
All of us are equal under the law.
[adjective] pleased because you have got what you wanted, or because something has happened in the way that you wanted
Be satisfied with it or get nothing.
[verb] to become or to make something become smaller in size, amount, degree, importance, etc.
We’ll need to reduce the weight of this luggage by half.
[adjective] more unpleasant, difficult, or severe than before or than something else that is also bad
The weather is getting worse.
True or False:
- The amount of carbon dioxide that humans make during the COVID-19 pandemic has been decreasing by 17 percent since January.
- Shutting down of businesses to ease the area of coronavirus is enough to end climate change.
- Most of the reduction of CO2 came from manufacturing, power generation, transportation, and shipping.
- Emissions for 2020 are going to drop regularly, causing to reduce pollution by 44 percent.
- There will be a climate crisis if governments do not take action on climate change.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- My headache is getting _______.
- The teacher is ________ with the students’ performance.
- The total _______ of this book is 50 dollars.
- Can you please _______ the volume of the music?
- A dollar is _______ to a hundred cents.