- What kind of weather do you like the most?
- Do you want to visit Antarctica? Why or why not?
- identify /ahy-DEN-tuh-fahy/
- crisis /KRAHY-sis/
- investigate /in-VES-ti-geyt/
- origin /AWR-i-jin/
- distant /DIS-tuhnt/
[verb] — to recognize someone or something and say or prove who or what that person or thing is
Police will have the pictures enlarged in an attempt to identify the thief
[noun] — a time of great disagreement, confusion, or suffering
The rise and fall of prices caused a financial crisis.
[verb] — to examine a crime, problem, statement, etc. carefully, especially to discover the truth
I heard a noise and went downstairs to investigate.
[noun] — the beginning or cause of something
It’s a book about the origin of the universe.
[adjective] — far away
Astronomers have discovered a distant galaxy.
The researchers investigated the air components and the origin of it using the bacteria as a diagnostic tool to measure and analyze the lower atmosphere’s properties. “The aerosols controlling the properties of Southern Ocean clouds are strongly linked to ocean biological processes, and that Antarctica appears to be isolated from southward dispersal of microorganisms and nutrient deposition from southern continents”, Thomas Hill, research scientist and co-author of the study, said. They also explored the composition of airborne microbes and examined the air in the marine boundary level, traveling to the south Antarctic ice edge from Tasmania, Australia. Aerosols from distant landmasses and human activities were not going south and into the air, resulting in an obvious dissimilarity to all other studies from oceans both in the northern hemisphere and subtropics.
- Who identified the cleanest air in the world?
- What did the World Health Organization announce about air pollution?
- Who is the research scientist and co-author of the study?
- What did the researchers use to investigate the air components?
- Where did they explore and examine the air in the marine boundary level?
- Do you think there is a huge impact of knowing this new discovery to climate change? Why or why not?
- How important is clean air for you? Please explain your answer.
- Does planting more trees help to save the environment? Explain your answer.
- What are the factors that contribute to climate change? Please give examples.
- How can you help the environment in fighting climate change?