- Do you often clean your refrigerator?
- Do you go to the grocery store during this pandemic?
- correctly /kuh-REKTli/
- crop /krop/
- different /DIF-er-uhnt/
- fridge /frij/
- goods /goods/
[adverb] — in a way that is true
She answered the teacher’s question correctly.
[noun] — a plant such as a grain, vegetable, or fruit grown
She needs to buy some crops.
[adjective] — not the same
They sell delicious pizzas in twenty different flavors.
[noun] — a refrigerator
She puts some ice cream in the fridge.
[noun] — items you buy, such as food, clothing, toys, and furniture
She makes sure to clean her goods.
1. Not washing your hands
Wash your hands after buying your goods to maintain having a clean kitchen and food. The first thing you should do is remove your mask and wash your hands.
2. Not cleaning your kitchen
It is important to clean your kitchen to remove germs that cause illness. To clean your kitchen, just wipe your counter with a disinfectant wipe.
3. Don’t wash your crops using soap
You should not wash your fruits and vegetables with soap because it makes your food taste different, so just rinse them with cool water. Also, wash your peeler to avoid contamination.
4. Not cleaning your refrigerator
It is important to clean all the areas of your refrigerator every weekend. You also need to remove any rotten food to avoid any contamination.
5. Not putting the groceries in their proper places
Put your leftovers on the top shelf and your daily goods in the middle. Raw meat should be on the bottom shelves while fruits and vegetables are on the fridge drawer. All condiments and drinks should be on the door.
6. Not washing reusable bags
When you go to the store, make sure to wash your reusable bag. This will decrease the spread of bacteria and food contamination.
The FDA said that there is no evidence of COVID-19 spreading through your goods, so you don’t need to wipe all of your goods. But it is okay if you want to do it if it makes you more comfortable.
True or False:
- You should wash your hands before buying your food.
- Washing your vegetables with soap will make your food taste better.
- It is important to clean your refrigerator every month.
- You should wash your reusable bag or shopping bag before using it.
- It’s a must to wash all your goods.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- Her English teacher was impressed because she read the word _____.
- Mina has _____ games on her computer.
- Carla wants to buy a new _____.
- Most _____ from the department store are on sale.
- There is a lot of fresh _____ in the market.