- Have you gotten yourself tested for COVID-19?
- How often do you go to see a doctor?
- disease /dih-ZEEZ/
- collect /kuh-LEKT/
- officer /OF-fuh-ser/
- adult /uh-DUHLT/
- patient /PEY-shuhnt/
[noun] – (an) illness of people, animals, plants, etc., caused by infection or a failure of health rather than by an accident
Nina suffered from a deadly disease.
[verb] – to bring something together from different places or over a period of time
Could you please collect all the test papers from the students?
[noun] – a person who has a position of authority in an organization
The health officer said that the vaccines will be out next month.
[noun] – a fully developed person from maturity onward
Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
[noun] – a person who is receiving medical care, or who is cared for by a particular doctor or dentist when necessary
The patient made a quick recovery from his disease.
True or False:
- Children aged 4 to 19 are being prioritized for the gargle test.
- The CDC in the U.S. reported that children with severe symptoms can spread the virus.
- Canada begins its COVID-19 gargle testing in Vancouver.
- Canada’s positivity rate stays at 1.4%.
- According to the B.C. Centre for Disease Control, the gargle swab test is easier to test on children.
Fill in the blanks:
- Any news from the health _____ about the new testing method?
- Many _____ were treated for a discounted cost this year.
- The landlord came by to _____ this month’s rent.
- In most countries, anyone over the age of 18 is an _____.
- There’s still no cure for the new, deadly _____.