- Do you immediately go see a doctor if you have symptoms of a certain disease? Why or why not?
- What is the importance of getting oneself tested for a disease?
- gargle /GAHR-guhl/
- accurate /AK-yer-it/
- conduct /kuhn-DUHKT/
- symptom /SIMP-tuhm/
- severe /suh-VEER/
[noun] – the action of rinsing one’s mouth and throat with a medicated solution
Use this gargle twice a day to cleanse your mouth and throat.
[adjective] – correct, exact, and without any mistakes
How can we be sure if the test result is accurate?
[verb] – to organize and perform a particular activity
Let’s wait for the others to arrive before we conduct the meeting.
[noun] – any feeling of illness or physical or mental change that is caused by a disease
Losing one’s sense of smell and taste is one symptom of COVID-19.
[adjective] – very serious
Thankfully, Ray didn’t get any serious injuries from the car accident.
The testing became in-demand when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the U.S. released a report on September 11. The report stated that children with mild to no symptoms are capable of spreading the virus. Dr. Cuc Tran of CDC wrote, “COVID-19 is less severe in children than it is in adults, but children can still play a role in transmission.” Since August, Canada has experienced a 123% increase in COVID-19 cases of patients aged 39 and below. However, Canada’s positivity rate remains at 1.4% now that the new gargle test is being implemented.
- How does the gargle test work according to Dr. Henry?
- Canada experienced an increase in COVID-19 cases by how many percent?
- When did Canada announce the use of its new gargle test?
- When was the report by CDC released?
- Who are the priority for the gargle test?
- In your opinion, which do you think is better to have, a nasal swab test or a gargle swab test? Why?
- Do you think it is harder to test children for the coronavirus? Please explain your answer.
- If the gargle test gets approved in other countries or in Japan, are you going to try it? Why or why not?
- Should countries have other ways aside from the swab test to check if a person is positive for the coronavirus or not? Kindly share your thoughts.
- How accurate do you think the COVID-19 tests are?