© Mitsubishi Estate via CNN
- What is the most famous building in your area?
- Are you interested in architecture and construction? Why or why not?
- locate /loh-KEYT/
- builder /BIL-der/
- guarantee /gar-uhn-TEE/
- maintain /meyn-TEYN/
- take shelter /teyk SHEL-ter /
[verb] – to be in a particular place
The church is located at the heart of the small village.
[noun] – a person whose job it is to make buildings
We got some local builders to do the work for us.
[noun] – to promise that something will happen or exist
I guarantee that you’ll love this movie!
[verb] – to continue to have; to keep in existence, or not allow to become less
The doctor advised the patient to maintain his normal weight.
[phrasal verb] – to protect yourself from bad weather, danger, or attack
The snake took shelter inside a large tree trunk.
At present, Japan’s tallest building is Osaka’s 300-meter Abeno Harukas. The second one is the 330-meter ongoing building in Toranomon-Azabudai district will also be surpassed by Torch Tower. However, Mitsubishi guarantees that the soon to be highest building will maintain “highest level of earthquake resistance”. Mitsubishi Estate stated that the development area will also provide public places where people can take shelter in any case of natural disaster.
- When will the Torch Tower be open to the public?
- Where is the Torch Tower situated?
- What are the desirable features and facilities inside the building?
- What is the current highest building in Japan and how high is it?
- What did the Mitsubishi Estate guarantee?
- What do you think of the building’s design and concept?
- Do you think many will visit Tokyo because of this building? Why or why not?
- How would you describe the buildings in your area? What else can be improved?
- Which buildings in the world have impressed the most and why?
- What can architects and engineers learn from nature?