© Ross Kinnaird via CNN International
- Do you like sports?
- Do you join contests?
- disabled /dis-EY-buhld/
- illness /ILnis/
- limb /lim/
- toe /toh/
- achieve /uh-CHEEV/
[adjective] – not having one or more of the physical or mental abilities that most people have
The place also has special facilities for welcoming disabled people.
[noun] – a disease of the body or mind
A mysterious illness is affecting the farm animals.
[noun] – an arm or leg of a person or animal
Wrap the bandage firmly around the injured limb.
[noun] – any of the five separate parts at the end of the foot
Little Charlie was laughing at the big hole in the toe of his father’s sock.
[verb] – to succeed in finishing something or reaching an aim, especially after a lot of work or effort
After many years, she finally achieved her dream of becoming a doctor.
True or False:
- Brendan Lawlor is twenty two years old.
- Brendan Lawlor is the first disabled golfer to participate in the European Tour.
- He shot 94 in the first round.
- According to the article, Brendan Lawlor is a golfer who has Ellis van Creveld syndrome.
- He wants to play professional golf.
Fill in the blanks:
- I know he can _______ his dreams because he is focused.
- His upper _______ are so strong.
- There are also toilet rooms for the _______.
- His _______ is caused by overwork.
- The shoes hurt my _______.