- Do you like traveling alone or with someone?
- Who do you talk to online?
- challenging /CHAL-in-jing/
- stranger /STREYN-jer/
- destination /des-tuh-NEY-shuhn/
- contact /KON-takt/
- set up /SET uhp/
[adjective] – difficult
Booking flights has been challenging during this pandemic.
[noun] – someone you do not know
Sean isn’t afraid to meet strangers online.
[noun] – the place where someone is going or where something is being sent or taken
What’s our next travel destination after this?
[verb] – to communicate with someone by calling or sending them a letter, email, etc.
Contact your doctor if the cough doesn’t go away after three days.
[phrasal verb] – to start a new business
My sister and I are planning to set up a salon business.
His original plan was to travel to Japan, but the country banned flights from the U.S., so Burton had to look for another. After searching for countries that don’t require any test (and where Americans can still enter), Burton changed his travel destination from Japan to Turkey. Then, he posted a message on a Facebook group for travelers about his plans and asked who wanted to join. Rocca, 36, from Denver, contacted Burton out of interest in joining him since she had been looking for a travel buddy, too.
From September 5 to 12, Burton and Rocca enjoyed their adventures together in Istanbul. They visited iconic places in the city such as Taskim Square, Hagia Sophia, and even went on a Bosporus Cruise. Aside from the wonderful friendship they developed, Burton and Rocca talked about setting up a business together to help people like them find travel buddies. Burton said, “We’re going to name it Vacation Pursuit. So, watch this space!”
True or False:
- Burton changed his travel destination from Turkey to Japan.
- Burton met Rocca in a Facebook group.
- Josiah Burton is from Iowa, United States.
- The pair planned to set up a business together and name it Travel Pursuit.
- Burton and Rocca did not go to Hagia Sophia.
Fill in the blanks:
- My family has _____ a food chain business in our neighborhood.
- The math exam we had earlier was _____.
- Who do I need to _____ after I finish this task?
- Jean saw a _____ by the doorstep so he had to call the police.
- Our next _____ will be Osaka.