- Have you been on an airplane?
- What are some things that can be recycled?
- fuel /FYOO-uhl/
- flight /flahyt/
- handle /HAN-dl/
- reduce /ri-DOOS/
- pollution /puh-LOO-shuhn/
[noun] – a substance that is used to provide heat or power, usually by being burned
Let’s start using plant oil fuels from now on.
[noun] – a trip in an aircraft
What time is your flight to California?
[verb] – to deal with, have responsibility for, or be in charge of
Mina will handle the reports while I’m gone.
[verb] – to become or to make something become smaller in size, amount, degree, importance, etc.
More street lights might reduce crime.
[noun] – damage caused to water, air, etc. by harmful substances or waste
We must do everything we can to reduce and stop pollution.
True or False:
- Microsoft will buy fuel credits from an American SAF company.
- Microsoft’s first step to help reduce air pollution is by using cleaner-burning fuel on their business flights.
- It is mentioned that cooking and plant oil fuels have 75% less carbon dioxide.
- Alaska Airlines will handle the flights.
- Judson Althoff is the president of Microsoft.
Fill in the blanks:
- Could you please _____ the calls while I’m away? Thank you.
- Let’s _____ our use of plastic to save the environment.
- It’s time to replace the car’s _____.
- Water _____ is one of the environmental problems of our country.
- My _____ to Vietnam was delayed.