- Do you know about Pfizer?
- What are some pharmaceutical companies in your country?
- giant /JAHY-uhnt/
- disease /dih-ZEEZ/
- advanced /ad-VANST/
- hope /hohp/
- indeed /in-DEED/
[adjective] – extremely large, strong, powerful, or important, esp. when compared to similar persons or things
Their sales this year has made them a giant publishing business today.
[noun] – (an) illness of people, animals, plants, etc., caused by infection or a failure of health rather than by an accident
An infectious disease spread through the city for a very short time.
[adjective] – modern and well developed
This is the most advanced type of car available.
[noun] – something good that you want to happen in the future, or a confident feeling about what will happen in the future
Is there any hope of getting support from the government?
[adverb] – really or certainly, often used to emphasize something
Indeed, it could be the worst environmental disaster in the country this century.
True or False:
- The couple has sacrificed their lives to the study of the medication of tumors in the body and infectious diseases.
- Scientists Ugur Sahin and Ozlem Tureci are the founders of BioNTech.
- BioNTech and Pfizer are partner companies.
- Pfizer, said that their candidate vaccine was more than 99% effective in putting an end to the disease among volunteers.
- Pfizer’s CEO said that the vaccine is the biggest medical advance in the past 100 years.
Fill in the blanks:
- The _____ company has raised funds to help the victims of the typhoon.
- The _____ traffic system will definitely help solve the problem.
- The _____ has damaged all of his vital organs.
- _____, his visit to Canada was memorable because he met lots of kind people there.
- She feels _____ whenever she sees the smiles of the people around her.