- Do you usually forget things?
- Have you ever forgotten an important date, like a birthday or an anniversary?
- research /REE-surch/
[noun] – the people living in one particular area or people who are considered as a unit because of their common interests, social group, or nationality
He’s well known in the local community.
[noun] – meaning
Mr. Morris has dedicated his life to scientific research.
[verb] – to bring something together from different places or over a period of time
The children walked along the beach collecting small shells in a bucket.
[noun] – the level of possibility that something will happen
You will have a better chance of passing the exam if you study harder.
[verb] – to become or to make something become smaller in size, amount, degree, importance, etc.
You can lose weight if you reduce sugar in your diet.
True or False:
- Older people living in noisy neighborhood have higher chances of getting dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- The study was published in the “Alzheimers & Dementia” journal.
- People below 65 years old are not included in the study.
- Researchers gathered data of 15,227 adults.
- Sara D. Adar is the senior author of the study.
Fill in the blanks:
- Scientists are continuously doing _________ about the cure for AIDS.
- The graduating students ________ letters and gifts from their classmates and friends.
- That is only a small ________ of winning the lottery.
- The boy lived in a small _______ in the province.
- How can we ________ our daily waste?