- Would you like to receive the Covid-19 vaccine as soon as possible?
- Do you feel excited about the Covid-19 vaccine?
- expect / ik-SPEKT/
- later /LEI-ter/
- department /dih-PARHT-muhnt/
- emergency /Is the emergency exit suitable for wheelchairs?/
- disease /dih-ZEEZ/
[verb] – to think or believe something will happen, or someone will arrive
We are expecting a lot of applicants for the job.
[adverb] – at a time in the future or after the time you have mentioned
Police questioned him and he was later arrested.
[noun] – a part of an organization such as a school, business, or government that deals with a particular area of study or work
The department is having a Christmas party this week.
[noun] – something dangerous or serious, such as an accident, that happens suddenly or unexpectedly and needs fast action in order to avoid harmful results
Is the emergency exit suitable for wheelchairs?
[noun] – (an) illness of people, animals, plants, etc., caused by infection or a failure of health rather than by an accident
The first symptom of the disease is a very high temperature.
True or False:
- The federal advisory board is going to make its proposals later this month.
- State health departments and governors will determine who gets access to a limited number of vaccines this winter.
- ACIF voted 13 to 1 this month to give first Covid-19 vaccination priority to doctors and nurses and residents of long-term care facilities.
- The advisory committee is considering presenting more data about its record of prioritized recipients in January.
- Older people and those with severe diseases are also covered.
Fill in the blanks:
- Our _____ is working on a project.
- The health workers _____ to receive the initial doses of Covid-19 vaccine.
- Older people are prone to _____ .
- She’s going to cook the dinner _____.
- Bring him to _____, the doctor will meet you there.