© via CinemaBlend
- panel /PAN-l /
- veteran /VET-er-uhn/
- exposure /ik-SPOH-zher/
- comeback /KUHM-bak /
- recuperate /ri-KOO-puh-reyt/
[noun] – a small group of people chosen to give advice, make a decision, or publicly discuss their opinions as entertainment
Steve performed confidently in front of the judging panel.
[noun] – a person who has had a lot of experience of a particular activity
It was an honor working with Philip, a veteran in the film industry.
[noun] – the fact of an event or information being often discussed in newspapers and on the television, etc.
Their latest movie got a lot of exposure from the press.
[noun] – an attempt to become famous, powerful, or important again after a period of being much less famous, etc.
Their single “Digital Love” was their comeback project after a two-year hiatus.
[verb] – to become well again after an illness; to get back your strength, health, etc.
Lily spent two weeks in the hospital recuperating from the operation.
“Over the years we have discovered incredible talents from around the world through the ‘X Factor’ format.”, said Cowell. He added, “I can barely wait to see what the Israelis have to offer.” Reshet network mentioned that being one of the biggest and influential names in the music industry, Cowell’s participation as a judge in Israel’s The X Factor would bring international exposure to their local talents. The show will serve as a comeback for Cowell after recuperating from a back surgery earlier last year in California.
True or False:
- The popular singing competition “The X Factor” will return in Israel this year with Simon Cowell as one of the judges.
- Cowell’s fellow AGT judge, Randy, created “The X Factor”.
- ”The X Factor” first aired in the U.S.
- Reshet 13 will broadcast the said program in Israel.
- Cowell’s judging stint in Israel will be his comeback project after his hiatus.
Situation: Your team lost in a competition.
Question: How would you cheer up your teammates?
- I understand that…
- Next time let’s work on improving our…
Express Your Opinion:
- “Everyone has talent. What’s rare is the courage to follow it to the dark places where it leads.”
― Erica Jong
- “Every artist was first an amateur.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The artists who endure are the ones who stay focused even after they have reached the top of their profession.”
― Simon Cowell