© Reuters via CNN
- How do you prepare for tests?
- What do you do after tests?
- permission /per-MISH-uhn/
- exam /ig-ZAM/
- essential /uh-SEN-shuhl/
- quarter /KWAWR-ter/
- prevent /pri-VENT/
[noun] – the act of allowing someone to do something, or of allowing something to happen
I need to ask permission from my parents first if I can go out.
[noun] – a test of a student’s knowledge or skill in a particular subject
What was your English exam score?
[adjective] – necessary or needed
It’s essential to bring sunblock when going to the beach.
[noun] – one of four equal or almost equal parts of something
My sister cut the cake into quarters.
[verb] – to stop something from happening or someone from doing something
Practice social distancing to prevent the spread of the virus.
True or False:
- Teenagers aged 16 to 18 years old have been receiving vaccinations in Turkey.
- According to an education ministry spokeswoman, the tests are necessary to determine the students’ future.
- Currently, half of Israel’s population have been given the coronavirus vaccine.
- 10% of Israel’s population have received the Pfizer vaccine by the end of 2020.
- Prime Minister Netanyahu hopes to restore Israel’s economy by March.
Fill in the blanks:
- I nearly failed my science _____.
- Let’s do something to _____ this type of accident to happen again.
- Water is _____ to our everyday lives.
- Did your parents give you _____ to join the trip?
- She gave me a _____ of the chocolate cake.