- How many dog breeds can you name?
- What was your first pet?
- start-up /STAHRT-uhp/
- recognition /rek-uhg-NISH-uhn/
- acts as sth /act as ~/
- calculate /KAL-kyuh-leyt/
- boom /boom/
[noun] – a small business that has just been started
From a small start-up, it now became one of the leading companies in the industry.
[noun] – the fact of knowing who a person is or what a thing is because of having seen or experienced that person or thing before
Smith has the greatest name recognition out of all the candidates.
[phrasal verb] – to have a particular effect
This also acts as an insulator, keeping meals warm.
[verb] – to judge the amount or value of something by using information and esp. numbers
Let me calculate the total cost.
[noun] – an increase in something, or a time when something becomes more popular
There was a boom in the album sales this year.
The company’s global marketing director Andrew Gil said that more people began to adopt dogs but unfortunately, some of them abandoned their dogs due to miscommunication. He added that it has an important role in a pandemic because it helps pet owners bond with their dogs and understands them better. The pet care industry boomed by 34% or $138 billion according to Euromonitor data research. The global population of dogs also increased by 18% or 489 million.
- What did the South Korean start-up, Petpuls develop?
- How does the device work?
- What is the accuracy rate?
- How can the device help dog owners?
- By how much did the dog population increase according to the article?
- Do you think we’ll be able to have a much-advanced device like Petpuls in the future to understand animal language?
- Would you consider buying Petpuls if you have a dog? Explain your answer.
- Did you grow up with pets in your home? Why or why not?
- Do you think all people should have pets? Explain your answer.
- What do you want to tell dogs if they can understand you?