© EPA via bbc.com
- Have you already received the Covid-19 vaccine?
- Do you know anyone who has got the Covid-19 vaccine?
- below /bih-LOH/
- control /kuhn-TROHL/
- decide /dih-SAHYD/
- effective /ih-FEK-tiv/
- serious /SEER-ee-uhs/
[adverb] – less than a particular amount or level
Kevin’s grades at school have been below average for some time now.
[verb] – to order, limit, or rule something, or someone’s actions or behaviour
I suggest that you control your spending habits.
[verb] – to choose something, especially after thinking carefully about several possibilities
Paula could not decide whether to buy the dress or not.
[adjective] – successful or achieving the results that you want
This is an effective natural home remedy for headaches.
[adjective] – severe in effect; bad
This is a serious offense.
True or False:
- The AstraZeneca vaccine is allowed to use by people of all ages.
- French Health authority recommends the vaccine for adults below 65 years old.
- AstraZeneca is a UK-Swedish medical firm.
- More than 1.5 million people in France have already received the vaccine.
- Pfizer vaccine was declared 70% effective.
Fill in the blanks:
- I can’t __________ what to do.
- Antibiotics are __________ cure in infections.
- The temperature is __________ zero degrees celcius.
- He has a __________ lung disease.
- The policemen arrived to ____________ the protesters.