© EPA via bbc.com
- What are the Covid-19 vaccines that you know of?
- How has Covid-19 change your life?
- approve /uh-PROOV/
- decision /dih-SIZH-uhn/
- firm /furm/
- potency /POHT-n-see/
- hospitalize /HOS-pi-tl-ahyz/
[verb] – to accept, allow, or officially agree to something
The committee has approved the suggestion discussed in the meeting.
[noun] – a choice that you make about something after thinking about several possibilities
As the company’s president, he has to make tough decisions.
[noun] – a company offering a professional service, for example a company of lawyers
She works for a law firm.
[noun] – strength, influence, or effectiveness
This new drug’s potency is not yet known.
[verb] – to take someone to hospital and keep them there for treatment
Mrs. Cooper was hospitalized for five days.
approved the vaccine for adults to use but the rollout policy will be up to each member country’s decision.
Currently, more than 1.5 million people in France have received the Covid-19 vaccine. It was made by AstraZeneca, a UK-Swedish medical firm. According to research, the vaccine is safe to use and has a 70% average potency. So far, none of the people who received the vaccine have never experienced complications nor been hospitalized due to Covid-19.
- Who are eligible to receive the Covid-19 vaccine in France?
- Why did the French health authority have to make such regulations?
- How many people in France have received the Covid-19 vaccine according to the article?
- AstraZeneca is from which country’s pharmaceutical firm?
- According to the article how many people who have received the vaccine experienced serious illnesses or were hospitalized due to Covid-19?
- What images are in your mind when you hear the word ‘vaccine’?
- Are you getting the Covid-19 vaccine? Why or why not?
- Who should be among the first people to get the vaccine in your opinion?
- How has COVID-19 affected your country’s economy?
- Would you be worried about the side effects of having the vaccine?