- Do visit your dentist?
- Do you like visiting your dentist?
- recent /REE-suhnt /
- prevent /pri-VENt/
- disease /dih-ZEEZ/
- success /suhk-SES/
- report /ri-PAWRT/
[adjective] – happening or starting from a short time ago
Is that a recent photo?
[verb] – to stop something from happening or someone from doing something
Label your suitcases to prevent confusion.
[noun] – (an) illness of people, animals, plants, etc., caused by infection or a failure of health rather than by an accident
The first symptom of the disease is a very high temperature.
[noun] – the achieving of the results wanted or hoped for
The success of almost any project depends largely on its manager.
[verb] – to give a description of something or information about it to someone
We called the insurance company to report the theft.
True or False:
- Dr. Jonathan Shenkin is a a pediatric dentist and spokesperson for the American Dental Association.
- Children are losing out on preventive medical treatment, including brushing teeth and checkups during the pandemic.
- A third of parents reacting to the C.S. survey said that Covid-19 prevents the dental treatment that children need to have.
- 40 percent of parents have stopped seeking care at all since the pandemic started.
- The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration recognizes dentists as a very high risk of exposure to Covid-19.
Fill in the blanks:
- An accident was _____ by a student last night.
- There is a _____ news about Japan.
- She has had the _____ for 3 years now.
- Taking vitamins _____ us from being sick.
- _____ takes time.