©Dr. Jérôme Mallefet via CNN
- Do you like reading or watching about sea animals?
- What is your favorite sea animal?
- shark /shahrk/
- ocean /OH-shuhn/
- between /bih-TWEEN/
- difficult /DIF-i-kuhlt/
- type /tahyp/
[noun] – a large fish that has sharp teeth and a pointed fin on its back
The movie “Jaws” is about sharks.
[noun] – a very large area of sea
The Pacific Ocean is the biggest and deepest ocean in the world.
[preposition] – in or into the space that separates two places, persons, or things
The thief was standing between Emma and her friend.
[adjective] – not easy or simple; hard to do or understand
The exam yesterday was too difficult for me.
[noun] – a particular group of people or things that share similar characteristics and form a smaller division of a larger set
Our country needs a type of leader like him.
True or False:
- The article is about a goldfish that lights up in the dark.
- The fish was found in the Chatham Rise.
- It was seen by scientists from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- The fish can grow up to 10 feet in length.
- It lives between 200 to 900 meters under the ocean’s ground.
Fill in the blanks:
- The famous Titanic sank in the North Atlantic _______.
- Kindly choose wisely ________ the two.
- He is not that ________ of person.
- Emma is too afraid of ________ to go swimming at the beach.
- It was ________ at first but I did it.