©Groninger Museum via AP; Public Domain/Creative Commons
- Do you like art?
- Do you go to museums?
- arrest /uh-REST/
- steal /steel/
- involved /in-VOLVD/
- remain /ri-MEYN/
- missing /MIS-ing/
[verb] – take someone away to ask them about a crime that they might have committed
Officers arrested the people for breaking the rules in the neighborhood.
[verb] – to take something without the permission or knowledge of the owner and keep it
The thieves are planning to steal the family’s possessions.
[adjective] – part of an activity or event
The students involved in the art show thanked their guests.
[verb] – to stay in the same place or condition
The writer of the novel remains unknown.
[adjective] – something that is missing cannot be found because it is not where it should be
Could you help me look for my missing phone?
True or False:
- Paintings of Pablo Picasso and Frans Hals were stolen from the museums.
- Three men were arrested for the said theft.
- “Two Laughing Boys” shows two men giggling while holding a bottle of wine.
- “The Parsonage Garden at Nuenen in Spring” was stolen on March 20, 2020.
- The two museums mentioned in the article are located in the United States.
Fill in the blanks:
- Den’s neighbors helped in finding her ______ dog.
- My mom said that we should never ________ anyone’s things.
- The police might _________ us if we do something really bad.
- The two teams __________ in the game shook hands.
- Please _________ calm, help is on the way.