- Do you like watching Olympic games?
- What is your favorite Olympic game?
- worry /WUR-ee/
- agree /uh-GREE/
- argument /AHR-gyuh-muhnt/
- confirm /kuhn-FURM/
- recent /REE-suhnt/
[noun] – a problem that makes you feel unhappy and frightened
Keeping warm in the winter is one of the worries for many old people.
[verb] – to have the same opinion
I agree with you on this issue.
[noun] – a disagreement, or the process of disagreeing
My friends had an argument about what game to play.
[verb] – to make an arrangement or meeting certain, often by phone or writing
I’m just ringing to confirm your hotel booking.
[adjective] – happening or starting from a short time ago
Is that a recent photo?
True or False:
- North Korea is said to withdraw from the upcoming Tokyo Olympics.
- North Korea agreed to cut almost all ties with the rest of the world in 2020 in order to stop a coronavirus outbreak.
- Some foreign diplomats and humanitarian workers have also left the country because of the war.
- North Korean officials declared that the country would not participate in this summer’s Games to “shield players from the world public health crisis.
- DPRK Sports is a state media outlet focusing on business affairs.
Fill in the blanks:
- Fortunately, right now, we are lucky that we don’t have any _____ about money.
- She _____ that she can still join the upcoming contest.
- He _____ with my ideas on the project.
- The _____ incident was reported by him.
- My wife and I had an ____ about money yesterday.