- Do you know what a shipwreck is?
- Do you watch documentaries about things that are discovered underwater?
- location /loh-KEY-shuhn/
- film /film /
- private /PRAHY-vit/
- previously /PREE-vee-uhs-lee/
- interest /IN-ter-ist/
[noun] – a place or position
The hotel is in a beautiful location.
[verb] – to record moving pictures with a camera, usually to make a movie or television show
They filmed for a week in Spain.
[adjective] – only for one person or group and not for everyone
She has a small office that is used for private discussions.
[adverb] – before the present time or the time referred to
She previously worked as a tour guide.
[noun] – the feeling of wanting to give your attention to something or of wanting to be involved with and to discover more about something
I’ve always had an interest in astronomy.
Victor Vescovo, a retired US Navy commander with a lifelong interest in discovering the world’s most remote places, founded Caladan Oceanic. He is the first person to travel to the top of every continent, both poles, and the bottom of every ocean on the planet. With the survey of the USS Johnston, Vescovo accomplished yet another goal: completing the world’s deepest shipwreck dive. The whole operation took place in two eight-hour parts over two days.
On October 25, 1944, the USS Johnston sank during the Battle of Samar. According to the US Naval History and Heritage Command, it was one of four naval battles that made up the Battle of Leyte Gulf, one of the largest naval battles in history. Former Navy captain and Hawaii Pacific University instructor Carl Schuster, he’s proud of being able to “bring clarity and closure to the Johnston, its crew, and the families of those who fell there.”
True or False:
- A US-based team has completely drafted and recorded the world’s deepest known shipwreck.
- This is the first time a crew has been able to map and film the entire wreckage.
- A private company headquartered in the United States discovered the shipwreck on March 30.
- Victoria Vescovo founded Caladan Oceanic.
- The USS Johnston sank during the Battle of Samar on October 20,1944.
Fill in the blanks:
- The _____ of the library is on the second floor.
- He never seems to show any _____ in books.
- They had to _____ in Manila because of its nice weather.
- She hired a _____ trainer.
- He _____ worked as an office staff.