- Do you use Twitter?
- What is your idea of “tipping”?
- select /si-LEKT/
- method /METH-uhd/
- journalist /JUR-nl-ist/
- control /kuhn-TROHL/
- personal /PUR-suh-nl/
[adjective] – chosen from a number or group
The medicine is tested to a select number of people only.
[noun] – a way of doing something
She discovered a faster method to make bread.
[noun] – someone who collects and writes news stories and articles for newspapers, magazines, radio, and television
Sarah’s husband was a freelance journalist.
[verb] – to be in charge of something or someone and have the power to make decisions relating to them
Brian is from a different group, so he cannot control ours.
[adjective] – private or relating to someone’s private life
His latest novel is written from personal experience.
True or False:
- As of now, Twitter’s tip jar feature is available to all users.
- The tip jar option can only be used on mobile phones.
- Tobac pointed out a privacy issue when sending money through CashApp.
- PayPal recommends using the “family and friends” option to hide personal information.
- PayPal’s “goods and services” option does not show personal data.
Fill in the blanks:
- What other payment _______ do you have?
- The SNS can show _______ information to others.
- The police took _______ of the situation.
- Only a _______ group of people were invited to their wedding.
- My friend works as a _______ for a local newspaper.