- How often do you use your Twitter account?
- Have you ever given tip for any type of service? Please tell me more.
- enable /en-EY-buhl/
- third-party /thurd-PAHR-tee/
- accessible /ak-SES-uh-buhl/
- postal address /POHS-tl AD-res/
- goods /goodz/
[verb] – to make someone able to do something, or to make something possible
Online dictionaries enable users to look for word definitions easily.
[adjective] – connected with a third person or organization less directly involved in an activity
Be careful using third-party applications. Not all of them are safe to use.
[adjective] – possible to approach, enter, or use
The department store is easily accessible by bus.
[noun] – an address to which mail can be sent
Make sure to double-check the postal address before sending the package.
[noun, plural] – things for sale, or the things that you own
Please deliver the goods in batches, thank you.
Security expert Rachel Tobac publicly pointed out the privacy issue, and Twitter product lead Kayvon Beykpour explained that the company cannot control how PayPal manages personal data. PayPal, on the other hand, explained that Twitter’s tip jar feature uses its “goods and services” option, which shares the sender’s and the receiver’s shipping information. PayPal recommends switching to the “friends and family” option to hide personal details. This function will soon be available to more Twitter users, but they are worried about its privacy concerns. Journalists, on the other hand, are prohibited from taking tips, so it is unclear how news organizations will handle this feature.
- Who are available to receive tips using Twitter’s new feature?
- Where is the drop-down list for payment providers located?
- What can recipients see when they receive tips from senders via PayPal?
- What PayPal option does Twitter use for the tip jar feature?
- What does PayPal recommend doing to hide personal information?
- Will Twitter give more options for payment providers other than those mentioned in the article? Why do you think so?
- Is it a good idea for Twitter to make the tip jar feature available to all its users? Please explain your answer.
- Would you give the tip jar feature a try if you were a Twitter user? Why or why not?
- How do virtual tips help people?
- Is tipping common in Japan? Please tell me more about it.