- What transactions do you do online?
- How often do you use online services?
- firm /furm/
- timing /TAHY-ming/
- external /ik-STUR-nl/
- connectivity /kon-ek-TIV-i-tee/
- ransomware /RAN-suhm-wair/
[noun] – a company or business
We submitted the contract to an engineering firm.
[noun] – the time when something happens
The stormy weather has such bad timing. We were supposed to go on a picnic today.
[adjective] – of, on, for, or coming from the outside
External factors such as noises can make anyone lose focus on their work.
[noun] – the ability of a computer, program, device, or system to connect with one or more others
My new internet service provider has higher and better connectivity.
[noun] – software designed by criminals to prevent computer users from getting access to their own computer system or files unless they pay money
Miyuki was a victim of ransomware. Please protect all your computer files.
“Our priority is restoring service as quickly as possible. We will share additional information as it becomes available,” a spokesperson from Akamai declared. The recent incident has drawn attention to the stability of important online platforms and services, as well as cybersecurity. Last May, ransomware attacks in several companies in the US stirred worry among businesses. US President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin had cybersecurity issues as their top agenda during their meeting in Geneva, Switzerland last June 16.
- How long did the online outages last?
- What US airlines were affected by the massive outage?
- According to the article, what time did the online outages start?
- What is the root cause of the incident?
- Who attended the meeting in Geneva, Switzerland last June 16?
- Have you experienced something similar to the incident in the article? Please tell me more about it.
- What types of outages often occur in your area or country?
- What would you do if a shutdown happens while you are making online transactions?
- Are tech providers responsible for any cybersecurity risk that may happen to those who use their services?
- What must governments do to ensure the safety of people’s and businesses’ information online?