- Are you an outgoing person?
- What activity do you miss doing outside?
- public /PUHB-lik/
- refuse /ri-FYOOZ/
- fear /feer/
- patient /PEY-shuhnt/
- achieve /uh-CHEEV/
[noun] – in a place where people can see you
You should not talk loudly on your phone in public.
[verb] – to say that you will not do or accept something
The toddler is refusing to eat.
[noun] – an unpleasant emotion that you have when you are frightened or worried by something dangerous, painful, or bad that is happening or might happenF
My sister has fear of snakes.
[noun] – a person who is receiving medical care, or who is cared for by a particular doctor or dentist
There are a lot of patients at the clinic.
[verb] – to succeed in finishing something or reaching an aim, especially after a lot of work or effort
You can achieve your dream if you truly believe in yourself.
The first step of the system is to think of the problem that is bothering you. Once you know that problem, you can start thinking positively by believing the good things that can happen to you outside. You can also imagine the moments you have shared with your friends before the pandemic, such as sharing a meal or attending a concert. For the last step, you have to list the goals that you can achieve once you leave your cave. According to Bregman, it is best to do the system right away as the longer you are in your cave, the harder it is for you to get out. Dr. Alan Teo, an associate professor of psychiatry at Oregon Health and Science University in Portland, reported that feeling uncomfortable is normal and that experiencing stress is not a reason to be alarmed. However, if you are not able to leave your house and continue doing your daily activities, Bregman believes it is best to get professional help. The way we interact with others has changed in many ways. From talking about the weather, conversations are now about vaccines. According to Teo, it is okay if we are out of practice with social skills. The most important thing is to always stay safe and healthy.
True or False:
- Dr. Alan Teo is a psychiatrist from Florida.
- Dr. Bregman has been helping patients since the beginning of the pandemic.
- MAV stands for mindful, attitude, and vision.
- The first step of the MAV system is to think of the goals you can achieve outside.
- According to Bregman, it is best to do the MAV system as soon as possible.
Fill in the blanks:
- She _____ help from other people.
- He has ____ of the dark.
- Tom is too shy to speak in _____.
- I want to ____ my goal of learning how to drive.
- The _____ could not eat for two days because of his stomachache.