©Jim Lo Scalzo via AP
- Are you afraid of getting any type of vaccine?
- Have you had any vaccines in the past?
- allot /uh-LOT/
- expert /EK-spurt/
- convenient /kuhn-VEEN-yuhnt/
- serious /SEER-ee-uhs/
- avert /uh-VURT/
[verb] – to give something, especially a share of something available, for a particular purpose
The company allotted a sleeping area for its employees who want to rest during breaktimes.
[noun] – a person with a high level of knowledge or skill relating to a particular subject or activity
They allotted a separate desk to everyone.
[adjective] – suitable for your purposes and needs and causing the least difficulty
Working from home is convenient to most people.
[adjective] – severe in effect; bad
His condition is getting serious due to complications.
[verb] – to prevent something bad from happening
Many types of vaccines have shown to avert dangerous diseases.
True or False:
- The US has reserved 2 billion dollars for the development of medicines against COVID-19.
- According to Dr. Catherine M. Wilfert, the budget will help with the research, trials, development, and formulation of the medicines
- Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics’ remdesivir cannot help patients who were already hospitalized with severe state.
- Medicines from Pfizer, Roche, and AstraZeneca have been proved to help in avoiding hospitalization and speeding recovery time.
- The US has allowed molnupiravir for COVID-19 patients at hospitals or medical clinics.
Fill in the blanks:
- Reported scheduled maintence ________ inconvenience of sudden power shutdowns.
- I always look for meals that are easy or ___________ to prepare.
- Ben is an __________ in animations.
- Mrs. Cruz ________ two hours for us to finish the activity.
- The doctor explained the reason for Kim’s _________ condition.